Hustler mower deck adjustment

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Green Grass, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass LawnSite Member
    from MN

I have a hustler mini Z with a 52" deck the deck is not adjusted correctley the left side is lower then the right side and when i try to adjust the deck the left side will not adjust when i adjust the nuts somebody please help me!!!!!!

2. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

First check the tire pressures, put the front tires @ 20 the rear @ 12psi. this is what I use. Check the surface your mower is on for level. Put the deck on 3 and measure the deck from the top of the deck to the ground. there should by four measurements, the four corners of the deck. Check the right side first, front than rear. Check the left side front and rear. adjust the front left side chain at the deck. there is about a 3/4 inch adjustment there. Recheck the front and rear. the chains should have equal weight on they when they hold the deck, none should have slack. The long screw bolts are for deck pitch, the rear of the deck should be 1/4 inch higher than the front. Loosen the lock nut on the front of the long bolt. Turn the second nut and watch the rear chain go up or down. make small moves as you measure. If you can't get it bring it to your dealer. It can be very confusing, believe me I know. Good luck