Hustler Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Newguy25, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Newguy25

Newguy25 LawnSite Member

Anyone have opinions on Hustler z's? Any problems?? Looking at the mini z or z with the honda or kawasaki combo. 52 or 60? Thanks

2. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Use the Search feature above, and look up previous posts on Hustler mowers. There have been many threads about this topic ... and there are many, many Hustler owners on Lawnsite.

3. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

I have had no problems with mine. They are well built machines. Maybe buying four more soon.

4. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I first bought a mini z and 3 months later got real busy and upgraded to a super z. In my opinion, this is the only mower I would buy.

5. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldnt even consider switching to any other brand

6. Green Grass

Green Grass LawnSite Member
    from MN

I have had a mini Z 52" 23HP Kawaski that i had nothing but issues with when i first bought it but the dealer and PJ make sure that you are happy with your equipment that that there are no Issues. If you are intrested this mower is for sale it has a bagger on it. Right now it is in storage cause i live in minnnesota. i believe that the mower has under 200 hours on it. Other wise good luck with your Mini Z you will enjoy it!!

7. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

AWESOME customer service. If you have a problem Hustler will take care of you. I like my Super Z a lot.

8. Newguy25

Newguy25 LawnSite Member

Anybody running the 24hp honda on there hustler?Whats the opinions on this motor. Is it enough for the 60" deck??? How about the 9 bushel bac vac catcher, need it for the leaves here in NY. how about the flex forks worth it?? What should I be paying for these mowers? Either gonna go with the super mini z 52" honda 24hp or Z 60" 24hp honda. What would you choose?

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned 2 Hustler Super Z's, a 27HP Kohler 52" and my current mower, a 28HP EFI Kohler 60". I've been in business since 1989 and owned a lot of different mowers. After owning these two mowers I would not even consider owning any other. They're built like a Mack truck and their customer service is the best in the industry IMHO. Beautiful quality of cut, fantastic hill holding ability and they are the FAST (15mph)!!!

10. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

Haven't tried the 24 Honda, wish I would have though. I have the air cooled 25 kaw. Flex Forks are awesome.