Hustler needs to find somebody that knows how to weld

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Lawnworks, May 14, 2006.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I don't know if I will buying another Hustler. Our 37" walk-behind has 4 broken welds on the the deck carrier. This is not a warranty item and I am going to have to eat it. The machine has 200 hours. I have had them welded again, but these welds are also starting to crack. Awesome craftmenship!! :dizzy:

The back brace on our Super Z has also been replaced twice due to broken welds. What gives? The only thing tough about this machine is the leading edge of the deck. It also has broken welds on the top of the deck near the discharge.

This has never happened with 4000 hours of use on two Dixie Choppers, or any other walk-behind I have owned. So it is definately a Hustler defect.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I rarely hear any complaints about our welding.
    We use state of the art robotic welders and also have a good group of seasoned welders out in the plant.
    E-mail me some model and serial #'s and your information, and I can get this looked into for you.

Pj

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Been there done that...I run the Bac-Vac on my 60" and blame it on the extra weight. The blower housing frame has weld issues also...Hustler needs thicker material in some areas and more welds, both sides instead of just on one side.

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Hustler 37 WB with over 2000 hrs on it. Only welds to crack on ours was on the bagger bracket.

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I will try to get some pics up. The walk-behind is really disappointing to not be under warranty.