Hustler OCDC?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Soupy, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

My dealer told me that Hustler makes a OCDC for their mowers. Is this true? The subject came up when he asked me if I was going to leave my mulch kit on, I told him only until the leaves are gone then I am going to put a OCDC on it. He then tells me that he has one in stock, I ask him the brand and he said Hustler.

I couldn't see it, because he was at my place when we were talking.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We do not make or sell a OCDC.
    There is a unit that is made for the Hustler, it is called a Qwikchute.
    Check them out here...... www.qwikchute.com
    I am pretty sure your dealer can get it for you.

Pj

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

That ocdc works well:D If you run a belt driven blower all you need to do is put two bolts on the deck and wing nut's. You take the blower off and wing nut the ocdc down, The great thing is that it comes off all toghether.
    John

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

That is the one I plan on buying. Maybe that is the one my Dealer has. He said it was a Hustler unit, but maybe he just meant is was the one made for Hustler.

Thanks

5. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a qwikchute on my Hustler Z and it works really well. Fits in the same holes as the blower mounting bracket. I'll have to try what John suggested. I've been removing the blower bracket to install the Qwikchute. Takes more time.

6. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

The Quikchute is a nice addition.

superzside.jpg

7. OSDOTF

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

PJ--I took a shot at installing a Qwikchute kit for the Hustler Z on my 52" Mini last summer. I had heard that it would fit the 52" FasTrak, but the operating lever needs the same space as the Mini's steering lever.

Obviously both Mini and FasTrak would benefit from an ocdc. Do you know anything that would work or do the Qwikchute folks have something in the works?

8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not aware of anything currently, although I have heard of guys putting them on the Mini's.
    You would need to call Qwikchute for any more info.

Pj

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They have great customer service