Hustler oil change AMSOIL

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NOOB, Jun 25, 2008.

1. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

Hello guy I read and read about oil changes but I wanna make a quick point everybody has their own pref. on oil this is for the peopl that used or uses AMSOIL products I have a Hustler 42" 19h Kaw. motor.... What oil should I use in that??? I heard amsoil Diesel,ASE small engine oil, 10w30 motor oil. What do you guys use?
  2. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

I have the exact same mower. i just got 10w30 from my local dealer. but i will on my next oil change be using the amsoil. i have the 2 cycle amsoil and love it. i guess it all depends on what you want to spend on oil.
  3. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

I just opened a commerical account with amsoil so the prices arent that bad but I use amsoil in my vehicles so I know how good it is. how many hours you have on your mower amor4421
  4. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

I have about 52 hours. i love my 42". what is the link to open an account with amsoil? did you open it with the sponsor on here?
  5. Lehighlawnpros

Lehighlawnpros LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at Amsoil's ACD heavy duty diesel oil,
    it's fully synthetic and meets the requirements for
    both straight 30 and 10w30 weights.

It's a heavy duty engine oil (HDEO) with a strong additive package and high TBN (acid neutralizing capacity).

It's also recommended as a "fleet" oil for both diesel and gasoline engines, I plan to use this one oil in my mowers and my trucks.

I've also installed Amsoil's bypass filter systems, when used with periodic oil analysis you can greatly extend
    oil and filter change intervals.
    This saves time, money and also results in increased engine life (the bypass filters down to two microns).

I just added their "Ams-oiler" pre-oiler which
    mounts right onto the bypass system and supplies
    oil-pressure before start-up, eliminating dry-starts.
    A little pricey but it works great.

Keep in mind that these systems can be transferred from old to new equipment indefinitely, so in that respect I think they are a very good long term investment.

6. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

1-- for Heavy Duty Diesel oil
    1-- for ASE small engine oil
    1-- for 10w30 synthethic motor oil
    ???????? is this just preference
  7. Lehighlawnpros

Lehighlawnpros LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah pretty much,

One of my mowers is a diesel, and I wanted a "Fleet" oil that I could use in everything, so that swayed me towards the ACD.

If you don't plan to run a bypass filter, then you will need to change the oil and filter much more often. So you would probably do better with a good quality locally available conventional oil (like Shell Rotella or Chevron Delo).

The main benefit of a synthetic oil is realized with extended
    drain intervals when used in conjunction with a bypass filtration system.

Lots of good info can be found here:

8. o2man98

o2man98 LawnSite Member

9. mikewhit1010

mikewhit1010 LawnSite Senior Member

ok I know this sounds silly but if I where to go to my dealer. I would just ask for amsoil for my wright walk behind and they would point me in the direction of the stuff you guys are talking about
  10. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

My dealer hates amsoil of course the reason being is he is a Straight up Rotella dealer Has Everything rotella
    amor4421 Hoyt should have contacted you by now if now pm me and what o2man98 is talking about is perfered account