1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler or Bad Boy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The_Duk, Mar 24, 2010.

1. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

That make sense to why its short and long. I guess for a special appication like hills it would be alright.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. castlerockmo

As far as wieght:

BB pup 31 kawi 60" 1206#
    BB lightning 31 kawi 60" 1272#
    BB aos 35 Vangaurd 60" 1469#

Scag wildcat 1200-1210#
    Scag Turf Tiger 1400

3. castlerockmo

Sorry my computer enter the info before i was done.

Hustler Super Z 1212#

Pz with 34 kawi 60" 1320 that aint bad 100 pounds heaverier

4. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I couldn't remember how much it weighed I was thinking over 1400lbs depending on options. But your right thats not to bad. It's getting where machines get heavier every year. I bought the Exmark Advantage because it was just over 1000lbs. But it is jerky, and does not have much reverse traction. Whats the overall lenghth of the PZ? 80" is minimum for downhill traction imo.

5. castlerockmo

82.5 is the length

6. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at the outlaw and posted a thread on it which got taken off of here. I was not impressed with it other than price it really has nothing special about it. And the fact there is not a real dealer around just hurts it even more. I do think they have improved there latest offerings but they have a long way to go and when they get there they will be in a position where they can stop trying to buy market share.

7. GreenmanCT

GreenmanCT LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

its not terribly jerky, but its no where near as smooth as the new system they got on the higher end models, those controls are butter.

8. tigerfan88

tigerfan88 LawnSite Member
    from SC

buy a scag

9. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Couple corrections on weight. They are all very close. The AOS figure is correct. They are HEAVY mowers. The diesel 35 is over 1900# The only thing that may help is they are running on 26" tires which disburse the weight a bit better but they are still quite the monster. As for the others they are all comparable to the other mfg's.

BB Pup 60" w/31kawi = 1107
    BB Lightning 60" w/31 kawi = 1170
    BB Outlaw 60" w/31 kawi = 1263

10. castlerockmo

That's not what the catolog says
    Posted via Mobile Device