1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler or Bad Boy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The_Duk, Mar 24, 2010.

MS_SURVEYOR LawnSite Bronze Member

puppypaws has something there. I never felt that way until I bought a Goodman ac 2+ years ago. The Goodman was cheaper with the best warranty in the industry. That's cool until you have to have it repaired 2 to 3 times a year. Yea! They paid for the parts. But I had to pay labor. I started doing some research. Found a site with ac techs. Goodman was trash. The response back was the best warranty in the industry. As one ac tech said, "Yes it is the best warranty! And you're going to need it!!!". It didn't take me long to figure out after 4 fan motors, the compressor locking up, and I had to pay labor, was to get that trash out of here. Lest than 3 years old with the best warranty in the industry. I took a hit, and learned a lesson!
  2. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

That's the point I was actually trying to get across. There are MANY manufacturers that produce junk and hide behind a large warranty. This reminds me of the Tommy Boy movie played by Chris Farley about that brake pads...soo funny:

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
  3. The_Duk

The_Duk LawnSite Member

just for the record, after all this, i ended up getting the brand new bad boy compact diesel.. 28hp cat motor, and it's a beast... not complaints at all!!! great machine. looking at getting another bad boy diesel now with a 72" deck and 35hp.
  4. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the BB family :) Funny how off topic these posts get and how upset everyone is by the time the thread is through........and most end up with a BB. lol