Hustler or exmark ,Which should I Buy ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Elohim1, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Elohim1

Elohim1 LawnSite Member

I am a newbie and was wandering which I should buy.
    I have narrowed down my selection to the Hustler Super Z or the Exmark Lazer.

Considering both having a liquid cooled 27 Kawasaki engine and 60" deck , I am finding about $1400.00 difference in price.
    I am leaning to-wards the hustler due to speed and price.
    Quality and longevity are my main objectives though.

I will be primarily mowing my 5 acres of flat, pretty much open, land and may eventually start a busyness.

I even thought about a Kubota 27hp, but thats $3500.00 from the Hustler.

Thanks for your help in advance.
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Do a search
    Go to exmarks site and look up-----to exmark---Then go to hustlers and look up---cut quality--- And see why exmarks are worth more.
  3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I love my Hustler Z. No complaints at all. But I would demo both brands before buying. Don't look at price alone as the determining factor. Consider service, parts availability, etc from your dealer. Either way both brands make excellent products and I don't think you could go wrong regardless of which one you choose. Good luck.
  4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I insist that you purchase an exmark.
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

hmmm.....exmark...hustler...exmark...hustler.....Yep EXMARK.:p
  6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Too bad someone doesn't make a ZTR with the qualities of both brands built into one..... Hustmark?
  7. Elohim1

Elohim1 LawnSite Member

A couple corrections for the record in my above post, since i can not edit.

busyness should be business
    Kubota 27 HP should be kubota 28HP

Thanks for your input Fellows , looks like Exmark may win out.
  8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Are you sure your getting quoted on a 27 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki from your Hustler dealer and not a 27 hp air cooled Kohler ?
    The reason I ask, is because the liquid cooled Hustler will not be in production until next month.
    The speed of the Hustler unit coupled with its added features should make this a very easy decision, buy the Hustler, it will be a lot more productive.
    But please don't take my word on this (I insist) demo each unit (comparable engines and deck sizes) and then make your decision.
    We have been making mowing equipment for almost 40 years, quality and longevity are job # 1 with Hustler and we are second to none.
    There are many very happy owners of Hustler products, we back up our product 110% and make sure you are happy with your purchase.

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

At least try both of them. I have one of each. If I had to buy another tomorrow it would be another Super Z. But I ain't cutting what you are :)
  10. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

if you look carefuly you'll notice that alot of people that like the Super Z live down south (mostly Florida) and people that like the Lazer Z tend to be up north. I'm with you in the midwest and just bought a Lazer Z to replace my Super Z. The Hustler is good in baja grass but not so good in kentucky blue grass, and is horrible in wet grass. But the Hustler is built very well, just not too good up north.
    I'll be picking up my 04 Lazer Z on friday, hope this helps.