hustler or exmark ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by affordableyardcare, May 17, 2004.

1. affordableyardcare

affordableyardcare LawnSite Member

I've finally decided to buy my first ztr, and have narrowed it down to either a hustler super mini or the exmark lazer hp.I plan on going with the 23 hp kawi and a 52"deck. Could i get some input from you guys that run either of these machines.The hustler looks to be the better built machine from what i can see, a few hundred dollars less also right now. Thanks for your help!!!
  2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never owned an Exmark ZTR but have owned several Toros, Husqvarna and 2 Grasshoppers and can say that my Hustler Super Z w/27HP Kohler and 52" deck is the best built mower by far. Did I mention it is also FAST!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. D Fricks

D Fricks LawnSite Member

Have the Lazer Z HP 23 HP Kawasaki great machine 3 seasons with 1200 Hrs. no major problems . no experience with the Hustler.
  4. TLC4Carolina

TLC4Carolina LawnSite Member

I run a lazer 28hp 60" deck every day. Love it, personally i think the lazer is the better choice. We also a lazer with close to 2000 hr. with very little trouble.
  5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out the '04 Toros. might be a good contender for you. Must have the Turbo Force deck though....
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Probably the 2 best mower mfg's out there and 2 of the best companies out there. Demo both machines on YOUR PROPERTIES. Check out the cut quality on both machines. Make sure the blades are sharp on both also.

I've own 2 eXmark 52" HP with 23 kawi. Love them. They are my mainstay in this business.
  7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

either one, would probably be good.
  8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I hear that hustlers coming out with a different deck in the fall. You might want to wait till then??

9. Russ4148

Russ4148 LawnSite Member

Picked up my new 23-52 Exmark HP yesterday. After an afternoon of use, could not be happier. I might note that I was cutting wet grass after a rain storm. No problem, and the cut looked great.
  10. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

I'm runniong a Hustler 52" mini z now. I bought this year and I'm as happy as I can be. Good mower, well built and at a good price. I would choose the mower with the nearest and best dealer support.