Hustler or Ferris ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jerbs, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Jerbs

Jerbs LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Hey all, just decided to sign up after lurking around a little. (the site rocks)

Anyway, I am looking to upgrade to a bigger mower due to a big account I just aquired recently. I think I have it narrowed down to the Hustler Super Z w/ 60 in. deck or the ferris IS 2000Z w/ 61 in. deck. I am leaning more towards the hustler but still dont know.

Just looking for some input from others that have owned these machines on the pros and cons that you have experienced. Thanks

btw I already did a search

2. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

I have been on both. And went with the Ferris Is2000, Better ride out of it. And cuts great also.
    Pete

3. Jerbs

Jerbs LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Thanks for the input

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i liked the Ferris we demoed. really nice ride. i just couldnt tell you about the cut, because after the first lawn the spindle went on it. brought it back to the place we demoed it from and they said " oh yea we knew it was broken" so yea. needless to say i wouldnt go with Ferris, only because thats the only dealer in my area.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Go with the Ferris

6. cemeteryman

cemeteryman LawnSite Member

The dealer by me sells both the Ferris, and the Hustler. He pushes the Ferris as more commercial, and the Hustler as more residential. Personally I have only demoed a Ferris, and it cut good.

7. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I have a 1500IS 52" 25hp love it. I did demo ride a 2000z at the dealer the other day very nice machine. Never rode a Hustler so i can't say.

8. Jerbs

Jerbs LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Ehh, doesnt sound good if a spindle went out that fast. Although there is lemons with everything out there.

9. Jerbs

Jerbs LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

The dealer by me sells both also, He says he sells 1 hustler to every 10 ferris's. But he also talks very highly of the hustler. The only down point that he pointed out on the super z was that the blade clutch is vulnerable if you are hoping curbs due to the low profile of the machine.

I only got to ride them both in the parking lot and the ferris was super smooth, while i like the speed of the hustler. decisions decisions.:dizzy:

10. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

it was an older Demo. not new by any means! the rest of it was great. the suspension and the ride. i liked the deck adjustment thing too.