1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Pictures Mowing Fast

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Sep 26, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

This is Cesar turning the Super Z loose, he is a little afraid of the speed close to the lake so he pulls the bit back into her mouth a little deeper...

I may have to have a little work done on my pump I found out today. I always do the mowing because I'm use to the differences in terrain and have been doing it on this property for 26 years.

This is a very nice Mexican, you would all benefit to have someone like him for a friend as well as an employee.

He said; "my friend you have a problem for your heart you know have to worry, I take care of everything". Not many people left around our parts like him.

I'll promise you he will wear eye protection after this little practice session from now on and he understands, this boy is very intelligent. I teach them how I want something done and that is the way it is done from then on.

American's black or white once you are out of their sight you never know what might take place. I have had a great deal of experience working several races and my Mexican's are the best bar none.

Cesar Mowing 1.jpg

Cesar Mowing 2.jpg

Cesar Mowing 3.jpg

Cesar Mowing 5.jpg

Cesar Mowing 9.jpg
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Good deal puppy paws. Looks like a nice fellow. I know we bounce back and forth about the Scag/Hustler thing but on a farm property like that mowing low I think you have the right ZTR for the Job. You cut low and fast and that is where the Super Z does it's best work (especially on Southern, coarse type grasses). That is so much different than mowing here. During a normal year it is so thick tall and lush that its hard for any mower to get through it very fast. I've seen Dixie choppers pushing grass with the front of the deck after a weeks growth during our normally wet years. Any way I think the Super Z is the right mower for you on your farm there in NC. Like I've said with a Super Z you can't even run 15 mph with the blades off due to some of the grades on a lot of my lawns.

You just need about 7 more ponies to go with the 28 you allready have. It's just a matter of time before Hustler puts one out and I have no doubt that you will be one of the first in line to own a 35 hp Super Z.
  3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Sure is a nice place! I also think you have the perfect mower for your application. Flat out, no hills etc!
    Up the revs to 3750 and you'll have close to that 30hp efi engine! I wish I did it when I got my machine. Would of saved me much time!
  4. puppypaws

I asked in another post if your oil consumption went up at 3750, mine did a great deal and I dropped it back to just below 3700 and the oil consumption went back down.

I talked with Kohler and all they could say was the oil usage should not go up at 3750 because that is their recommended setting. Then they went on to tell me if it was using oil to turn it back down until it stopped "duh" the lights really brightened up with those instructions.
  5. Mickhippy

My engine has always used oil so theres no way to tell what, if any difference. Remember that gasket issue? That was leaking oil for over a year before I had it looked at and repaired. No harm done! But I dont have a benchmark to work off!

To be honest, a few cents in oil is nothing when it comes to the increased productivity. Whether is doing any damage or not, well we'll have to wait and see!
  6. puppypaws

According to Kohler the engine can handle 3750 with no problems but something really jacked the oil usage up more than I wanted to see, the best I can remember it was like 10 oz's in two hours. I'll tell you it really blew my mind from not putting enough oil in to even notice to acting like it had a hole in the block. I turn it back a little below 3700 and it uses about 1/2 oz per hr.

You can tell from looking at the lake we have been in a severe drought and the water level is the lowest I have ever seen, I just sprayed Razor Pro on all the tall weeds and grass you see growing inside the water line.
  7. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey puppy paws. Why dont you just have a tractor like mine with a wing type grooming mower? I am thinking about getting one for my tractor to do grassy empty lots in larger subdivisions.
  8. Mickhippy

The leaking gasket I had would let the oil out behind the oil filter,(where the top and bottom parts of the engine meet) my mechanic said that it can also leak back into the engine itself somewhere. Im no mechanic and didnt really understand what he was saying but apparently he'd seen it before. Maybe you could ask your mechanic about it. Could be why your using oil but not seeing it leaking.