Hustler Prices - Fair Deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gwtx2, Oct 21, 2008.

1. gwtx2

gwtx2 LawnSite Member

I just got a couple of quotes from my nearest hustler dealer.

Fasttrak, 48", 19HP Kawasaki, $4900 (+tax)
    Superduty, 48", 23HP Kawasaki, $5600 (+ tax).

I have about 2.5-3 acres of zoysia which takes me about 1.75-2 hours to mow with my dying 5 year old Troybilt lawn tractor. Looking for something to half that time and last me more than a decade. Are the above prices reasonable and which mower do you rec'd (Fasttrak or Superduty).

Thanks

2. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

The Superduty. But, that's all I'm gonna say because I don't like Hustler AT ALL. TORO for me, ALL THE WAY!!!

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I would get the Super Duty and yes that is a fair price.
    Toro who? Hustler is the best!

4. jsw2008

jsw2008 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Super Duty 48/23 Kaw and that's right around what I paid for it in August. It's a great mower--you'll be happy with it.

5. sweetz

I bought a 36" commercial ztr. I only had it to about 60 hours. I was lucky if I could get that mower off my trailer. Plus, if I could get it off, I would need to pray to God to keep it running long enough to get it back on my trailer. I traded it for a 32" TORO W/B & I LOVE toe TORO! My Z is also a TORO. If you want to read about my NUMEROUS problems with the HUSTLER, do a search. TORO is for me! If you have different feelings, thats fine/great, but I LOVE TORO!!!:waving:

6. lambdin

lambdin LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

In my area (southern IN) those prices are a little high, I purchased a new 2008 24/52" honda powered super mini for $5,999.99 and the dealer still has a 24/52" honda mini for $5,599.00, it pays to shop around! call or visit as many dealors as possible, oh and dont let people sway you away from hustler, I love mine and have had zero issues.

7. sweetz

I'll add another thing - dealer support for HUSTLER or anything else s*cks!!!! So maybe that's why I love TORO. ZERO problems.

8. Grits

from Florida

Was your 52 a demo? That price you said you bought it for is below dealer cost.

9. Grits

from Florida

Your dealer sucks, mine is awesome. Although I haven't had any issues with the Hustler. My dealer carries Hustler and Toro. I compared them side by side and the Toro doesn't come close to the quality of the Hustler.

10. makes a difference in price whether the dealer buys several trailer loads or just a few units, big price difference.