1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler QuadCycler Blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by agood1, Jul 31, 2012.

1. agood1

agood1 LawnSite Member

I have a Hustler 3400 with the 72" quadcycler deck. I have been running the stock blades for a while....and they just don't do a very good job. They leave corn rows of grass that is not cut as low as the rest....so I have to mow twice to get everything at the same level. I purchased a new set of blades from my local dealer....and they a little better but not much....I am desperately looking for another blade solution. I have search all over and cannot find anything with a 1/2 bolt hole to fit this quadcycler deck.

I look forward to your suggestions.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I replied to your email yesterday.

Pj

3. dalealan

dalealan LawnSite Member

Is there some kind of secret blade that you are telling him about. Why can't I know about this secret blade. PM me too! Please!

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No secret blades or anything.
    The only other blade option from Hustler is a higher lift blade, it is Hustler part # 779504.

Pj

5. agood1

agood1 LawnSite Member

Still having problems getting this deck to cut smooth. There must be someone out there that makes a better blade.....or can custom make blades.

6. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

If your clutch is hooking up good and you are maintaining 3100 rpm’s on the engine, I would look for the blades to be out of alignment with each other, meaning the deck floor may have some warpage. You need to get on a level surface and with the deck down, tool bar chains loose, get under the deck and measure the actual blade tip distance from the floor in four positions, 12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock on all blades. This is the only way to know at what height each blade is cutting. Even though it's a old machine, when it was new it cut pretty dang good. Something other than the blade configuration is giving you the issues.

Brian O