1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler raptor Hour meter?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cyclesteel, Jan 24, 2013.

1. cyclesteel

cyclesteel LawnSite Member

I just purchased a raptor picking it up in a week or so. Just wondering if there is a option for a Hour meter? I do not see one on the Hustler site listed as accessories . I have my dealer checking for me but figured I would post here also. Worst case I will put a Sendec meter on it.

Thanks

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

I just check with the engineers and there will be a hour meter coming out a bit later this year. I asked if the meter for the Sport would work and was told it will not. It may not hurt to check back at the end of March/beginning of April and see how it is coming along.

Brian O

3. cyclesteel

cyclesteel LawnSite Member

Will it fit on the dash like the sport or will it require a new dash? I know the mower just came out but are there going to be any changes to to the design? I know sometimes buying product that is new to market you can get screwed if something gets revised early on .

Thanks again and I am looking forward to picking up my mower next week. Just have to wait until to the spring to use it

4. hustlermidwest

For an hour meter I'm sure the modifications will be limited.

Brian O

5. LooseMufflerBearing

LooseMufflerBearing LawnSite Member
    from USA

Hustler Raptor Hour Meter part # is......117703.

6. hustlermidwest

The kit comes with instruction in how to install. Talking to some-one who did a kit they said you should be able to do it but it took more time than planned, it's not a plug and play. Park the Raptor in the Garage, turn on a ball game and go to it! The worse part I here is the opening may need to be filed a bit to allow the meter to fit in. Nothing hard, just time.

Brian O

7. laxnlawn

laxnlawn LawnSite Member

Will there be a bagger for the Raptor? How and where do I order the hour meter online?

8. hustlermidwest

Raptor baggers are coming down the line as I type. Dealers have been placing orders for them since March and those orders have started to be shipped out today. We hope to have all orders in house filled by Thursday and then start building some stock inventory. I would suggest contacting your dealer for the hour meter. Anything online might be a wil-fit part.

Brian O

9. laxnlawn

laxnlawn LawnSite Member

do you know the retail? just a rough estimate if you dont know... my dealer is currently closed

10. hustlermidwest

Complete bagging assy. will run about $499.00 and will fit both models.

Brian O