Hustler Rear Discharge Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cut 2 Please, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

A few months ago there was a post about one of these mowers. I have not been able to find anything else about how well they cut. I cut a good bit of bahia and am very interested in one. Has anyone else bought one of these or demoed one so they can comment on how it cuts? Any responces would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I remember PJ posting some pics recently, photos looked pretty impressive. Not sure if they were in a thread out here or in hustlers forum though....not many threads about it so search for rear discharge and you'll find it easy.

I'm actually looking at them myself, but so far there is limited info, pics etc....doesn't look to be the machine most here would buy so feedback is virtually non existant at this point.
  3. valleylawn79

valleylawn79 LawnSite Member

i saw one in atlanta cutting; it looked great and was discharging that bahia out the back evenly. haven't demoed one yet but will as soon as one comes to the local dealer
  4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

did you only want a petrol machine, or diesel?

if only petrol, the only rear discharge I know of is the hustler brand.

If diesel, hustler has a new beast out now, and john deere has just released model 997, side discharge and rear discharge decks.

I'm surprised rear discharge isn't more popular, but I guess if ya not side discharging you are running a mulch kit....

Good to see some 'new' models on the market with different deck types. :cool2:
  5. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

I am waiting on my dealer to get me a demo. He said it was suppose to be here this morning but called me about lunch today and said the rep would not be able to get it here until Monday. I'll let you know how it does.
    I am looking for a gasoline model. I think a diesel would be to expensive and also to heavy for my needs.