1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Rear Disharge Reviews

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by aussiegreg, Sep 25, 2005.

1. aussiegreg

aussiegreg LawnSite Member

G'day Lawnies,

G'day Lawnies,

Now that the new rear discharge Hustler has been out for a while how are you're machines going ?? any problems???

Greg

2. T-N-T

T-N-T LawnSite Member

demoed one last week I think it is a great machine love the way it cuts at any speed didnt like the way it left grass laying but that could be fixed by dragging something like a rubber belt to stripe with since it dosnt do that to
    well we run hustlers and I wouldnt have any other and have had others no comparison. Thinking about getting two nest season if we can stripe with them

3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Realising it has 1 counter rotating blade.....would Gator blades improve the clipping dispersal by reducing air flow somewhat and by reducing clipping size?

Is there a counter rotating mulch blade even on the market?

and like said....maybe a rubber belt/mat may even things out ok....improve the finish on those jobs where the final look needs to be above average.

I too would like to hear from others about these mowers as I truly think they have a certain future in our industry. I'm surprised members here aren't really that interested in these decks so far, rear discharge, they are very productive, safe, dual side trim, excellent stringer cut, very versatile, very fast.

4. Tonyr

Bump..............................

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

BUMP back :p

6. gargoyle7417

gargoyle7417 LawnSite Member

I tested one of these out one weekend actually for the mini hustler and it sucked , I had to stop frequently bbecause of the lack of fan, the grass clippings would get stuck in the tube on it's way and if your going at a good speed be careful if you hit a bump because one of you discharge bags might fall off, that my humble opinion I ended up with the gravely 144z

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What model?

8. Tonyr

ER.....what has that machine you demoed got to do with the machine that is the topic of this thread?

** new rear discharge Hustler **

9. Tonyr

A pic of the New Hustler Rear Discharge Diesel from my demo in July.

DSCF0471.JPG

10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

them tires look awfully shiny. does the rear discharge put the clippings behind the wheels, or does it just drop it out the back?

they need some sort of articulating dispersal like they have on the walkers when you take the back cover off.