Hustler Rebate

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Tubular10, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Tubular10

Tubular10 LawnSite Member

What is the deal with the current Hustler rebate? I am in the market for a Fastrak. Several dealers have told me about a $700 rebate on the 20/52 model. They give me their selling price of $4899, which is $700 off MSRP. Unfortunately, the two dealers who I talked to who were unaware of the rebate are selling these for $4759.

Is the rebate a real dealer rebate off their cost or a suggested rebate off MSRP?

Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is a dealer program in place until the end of May.
    It is a dealer only program, it is also strictly voluntary by the dealer to participate.
    The promo price for the 20/52 FasTrak would be $4899.00 with this program. ($700.00 off of MSRP)

Hope this helps

Pj

3. Tubular10

Tubular10 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess I was under the impression that the dealer rebate was the same as that of a car dealership-- the dealer receives a rebate on his cost and then decides whether or not to pass the discount on to the buyer during the negotiation process.

If this is the case with the Hustler rebate then why are the dealers who are participating charging more than those who are not? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Usually a rebate program benefits the buyer as well as the dealer.

Thanks again.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

This does benefit the end user, the dealer will only get the rebate if he sells the unit at the $'s off.
    If the dealer is giving more than that off of MSRP, it is even better for you.

Pj