Hustler ShortCut 1500........worth 2k?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sauls1686, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Hey i was all over today looking for walkbehinds. I found ONE belt drive and it was ready to die. Anyways, I looked at a lot of ZTRs. The last place i stopped @ was a Hustler dealer. I took one look at the Short Cut 1500 and loved it! (just bcause its one funky machine!)

He has 3 of them, only two are in my price range. One is a 54" Kholer and the blades would not engage (nice uhh?) and the other is a 54" with a Kawasaki that runs GREAT. It has 972 hours on it and is in decent shape. He has done nothing to it since he got it (through a trade i guess)

He said he will let them go as they are for 2,000, gone over and fixed up, 3-somthing. The one i drove and liked seems to b in perfect working order--though I dont know anything about ZTRs. he said it would be a good thing to go over it once i got it, checking spindles, performing routine maintenance, etc.

Number 1, would it b practical for fairly small yards? I liked how it handled and the more i look @ them and read about them i think it would be a LITTLE big, but i could still get by. (after all ill b sitting on my rear rather than walking!)

2, would a motor and hydraulics with almost 1,000 hours last for a while without a major overhaul?

3. mb it woudl b better to spend just about the same money and buy a new walkbhind...

4. it looks really cool and hey my dad wont let me get a motor cycle and this one he will!

lemme know what u think.