1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Shortcut

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Pete99, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Pete99

Pete99 LawnSite Member
    from UK

I've just found a Shortcut on Ebay (uk) for £3000. I thought i might try and talk him down to £2500 and i was wondering if these are good prices for it?

A few more questions:
    It says in the listing that he has a grass collector for it but doesnt know how it works. Is it easy to fit? and is it any good?
    Can you stick on a ball hitch on at the rear for trailers?

These machines look totally wicked!! I want one more for fun than for serious work.

Thanks, pete.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not sure what that would come out in U.S. $$ but the unit looks to be in good shape.
    That is a 48" rear discharge deck, we dont make a catcher for it, unless he made something for it I am not sure what he has as far as a catcher.
    We did make a 48" rear discharge "UpperCut" deck for that unit with a rear catcher, but that deck is not the UpperCut on the machine your looking at, unless he has another deck with it, that was the nice thing about the ShortCut you could easily swap decks on them.
    There is a small receiver on the back of that unit, a class 2 hitch will fit into it so you can put a ball on it.

3. Pete99

Pete99 LawnSite Member
    from UK

Thanks for the reply,

there is actually another one on ebay now aswell, been waiting for months and 2 come along within 4 hours of each other lol.

Il ask him if he can send me a pic of the collector and post it up here for you to have a look at.