Hustler ShortCut?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phishook, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

How have these been? Side discharge and rear discharge comments? Catcher coments? What about a catcher for the side discharge deck? Price?

Looks good on paper.

Have at it Switchless.

2. Phishook

Come on, No one has a ShortCut?

sc_inset[1].jpg

3. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've got one with a 52" deck and 20hp Kohler. Like it fine....Lynn

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

5. Phishook

Good question!

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I had a lot of interest in that machine too. I asked about it and didn't hear good things. That one brought me a few e-mails from unhappy owners.

7. Phishook

Hmm.?

I still have to get one out here and try it.

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Great idea....... bad attempt. Hustler as great ideas, then Paul (the President) listens to people like Ultimate Lawns, that can't tell the difference between Pistol grips (ECS) and the H bar. Obviously, if it was good, it would sell. It's not. Too bad Hustler doesn't put the H bar on their "Z" riders.
    I tried for a full month to get the Shortcut to work well. It needed a different tire combo, the H bar linkage changed, the bagger system redesigned for bagging in "Bags" and not dumping on the ground and the seat height lowered. Actually, just look at the H bar WB's..... great machines, bad marketing and advertising. Also, they need a cruise control installed and they're perfect. Do the WB's sell great.. NO!! Am I wrong about what the WB's need??? Hmmmmmm, how well are they selling.... that's your answer.
    Pete

9. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I would not touch any mower without some kind of deck lift (foot pedal or electronic) since this comes into play on any type of uneven lawn.

This has kept me from looking seriously at any stander or walker style mower as well as the short cut

10. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto that....