Hustler Shotcut 1500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stephen A. Skyer, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Stephen A. Skyer

Stephen A. Skyer LawnSite Member

Let's try this again! This morning I posted a question regarding the Hustler Shortcut 1500 out under the landscape forum-and some suggested that I try the lawncare forum. Here is my question?, I have three mowers a Walker 42" and two knock off's which are a 36" belt and a 48" hydro which I would like to trade up to some machines...going to one line (ei. Scag, Ex-mark, or etc.)and narrowing the number of mowers from three to two. Recently, I saw the Hustler's Shortcut and their 37" hydro walk behide...Does anyone have any info on these mowers, service issues, part availability, spring cutting and spring/fall clean-ups? Let me know. Thanks Steve Skyer.

I removed your PS since you have to post your list of mowers for sale on the Equipment for sale forum. Please don't list them on any other forum here.

[Edited by Eric ELM on 02-22-2001 at 03:35 PM]

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i worked with a guy who ran hustlers. he demoed the short cut and wasnt happy with it at all. you sit an an awkward position which hurts the back, and the cut quality wasnt that good. only one guy around here runs a short cut, and his equipment is pretty shabby looking. not too many of them out there. maybe try the new hustler z. looks like a well rounded machine.

3. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

I bought a Shortcut when the first came out. Took it back 2 weeks later and got a Toro 44 ZTR, much better mower. The Shortcut was a good mower for mulching.

4. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

The salesman brought a hustler z out to us in jan. Couldn't do much mowing with it because of the 6 inches of snow still around. Took is for a spin around the parking lot. The seat was very comfortable, and the kaw engine was quite. He's going to bring one back in the spring.