Hustler Sport deck cleaning question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rockymtnhorsegal, Jun 28, 2010.

1. rockymtnhorsegal

rockymtnhorsegal LawnSite Member

Hello all~

I have a new 48" Hustler Sport (Honda engine) and I am currently cleaning under its deck in my garage with a floor jack, jack stands, etc.

It would be so nice if I could actually spray underneath it when I'm done with it--but I can't get the floor jack out to the yard and where the hose is (those floor jacks are heavy) and I'm wondering if there is some other kind of jack I could use to get the front lifted up so I could spray underneath?

Something not too expensive and not too heavy to carry? I wouldn't actually be going underneath the deck the way I am now, just spraying jetted water from a safe distance, so I didn't know if some kind of trailer jack would work?

Also, on a related note, I have a huge piece of property and lots of crabgrass/watergrass. If I'm understanding correctly from reading some previous posts, I might do better with Fusion blades on my mower? This mower hates the watergrass and gets clogged so easily.

Thanks so much in advance!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You dont want to spray water under your deck, it will get into areas its not meant to be and cause premature bearing failure.
    A good scraping is all that is needed.
    You sound like you could benefit from the Fusion blades, they are Hustler part # 795757

3. Sport42

Sport42 LawnSite Member

The Hustler Jack works great and easy, but a little pricey.