Hustler Stander???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimQ, Aug 23, 2007.

1. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

2. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

Yes that is a Hustler and they made this for only a short period of time, It was designed to stand-on or you can sit straddling the center bench. It also features the H-Bar Steering System.

3. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that Wright makes a stander that is similar, the Sentar sport..

4. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

This is the Hustler Shortcut. They came out with this about the same time as Wright came out with the Stander. Hustler didn't patent theirs, Wright did. Hustler tried to offer Bill Wright a license fee to keep building the Shortcut but he wouldn't hear of it. They didn't want to end up in a patent battle like Great Dane do Hustler quit making that model.

5. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks pumper. Good info. I apreciate it.

Q

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You almost have it right..... there is a ton more to the patent issue and the time frame....
    We did keep building it... although with out the stand up feature.
    Its a lot more than what you have typed here, the end is the same though, once we took the stand up feature away from it, it wasn't as popular and we decided to put our efforts elsewhere..... The Hustler Z, the Super Z, the FasTrak..... I think we made the right decisions.... lol..lol...lol...

7. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I had one of those and modded it a bit- it was the 25 horse with the 54" deck. That thing was fun ! we pushed the hydro's and rpms as far as possible, and folks fought over who got to ride it. on bumpy lawns you could stand, and on smoother turf you could sit. It was so much like a 4 wheeler it was uncanny. cut great, was small footprint on trailer, and after our mods, fast. I regularly beat guys who had dixie choppers maxed out, so I'm guessing 17-19mph or so. The super z is a nice riding machine, but the shortcut was more...edgy.