Hustler Striping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trim Creations, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Trim Creations

Trim Creations LawnSite Member
    from Ks

Has anybody out there used the hustler striping kit on there mower. If so does it work.

2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Don't hold your breath. I have asked about it to, and apparantly if they have sold any they live in Idaho and do not yet have the internet available to them. Looks like it would stripe fantastic, but my fear is that it is to big and clumsy to trailer due to it's inordinate size. I hope you get some responses as I am currious as well.

3. nfarr

nfarr LawnSite Member

I use the stripe kit on my Hustler Fastrak 2052, it works like a charm. It is very effective. The only down side is that it makes it harder to jump curbs and back onto my trailer.

Having said that, I would not remove it. I like how well it works.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What model mower are you looking to put one on?

5. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a huslter striping roller on my mower. It stripes fantastically when you've got it set at the right height. It took about 30 minutes to install initially and 5-10 minutes to change the height of it any other time. If you mow your lawns at different heights than each other, then you might run into a bit of a problem, because it is fixed upon the deck- thus when you raise the cut, the stripe becomes less defined. When it is set correctly though, I have absolutely no complaints. As far as trailering goes- it's wokred just fine for me, but I can see that it could be a problem if it's on the lowest setting, or the deck isn't raised into trasport mode. Overall, a good roller IMO.

6. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I was interested in a report on the walkbehind version, I am not sure if that was the original question however.