Hustler Sulky Questions

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TriCountyLawn, Jan 17, 2006.

1. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im interested in checking these out. Any idea on the price or when they will be available? If nothing else a few more pics would be nice. Hard to tell from the pics ive seen so far.

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I really dont have any new information to share.
    The price is going to be $399.00 and availability sometime in the spring.
    Here are a couple pictures, I will ask around and see if I can get some newer, better pictures to share here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here are a couple pictures I just received.
    Note: the production of these will be black in color.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Awsome... That last pic is what i was looking for. It looked like one big roller before and I was thinking "no way can that work" ..lol Now a few questions.

1. Will this work with the Hydro Walkbehinds? (not the trimstar) Any pics?

2. How does this unit work in terms of backing up when ya get the the end of a run. Ive never mowed with a sulky before. Most of the ones on the market dont help the stripe any and tear up lawns. However I am real interested in this one.

2. Also any pics of how this unit folds up out of the way ect. ?

Thanks

5. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

I dont know if it is just my computer. I am unable to view the pictures.

Mike

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

1. This will work on any brand of walk behind (you may have to drill some holes for mounting) on all Hustler walk behinds it will bolt right up to the pre drilled holes.
    2. Since it is a wider unit it does back up easier than others, but you do have to be careful not to jackknife it, in most situations you would want to do a zero turn or a K turn at the end of your row or cutting pattern.
    3. All the pics I could get are posted here. As far as it folding up, it is a heavy sulky and may or may not hang in a manner that is comfortable for you to walk behind, depending on the model of mower you put it on it may or may not hang at all.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hmmm....
    I just went to a couple computers here in the office and they all showed the pics in this thread...
    Anyone else having a problem viewing them?

Pj

8. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

I can see it at the home computer. I guess it is not working at work.

Mike

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like your work may have a firewall or filter blocking the site I am using to host the pictures.

Pj

10. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

Nice construction, interesting concept. I like it.
    Our older Ferris and Bobcat beltdrive WB's have the nasty habit of collecting grass under the housing of the front castor wheels and jamming them. Do you use some style of scraper assembly to keep wet grass from sticking between the roller and housing body so as to stop them from rotating?? I can also see small sticks and stones jamming between the housing and roller preventing them from turning, unless something keeps this type of debris out.