Hustler Super Mini Z 52

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Native, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Native

Native LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I'm getting back into the business and planing on buying a 52 Super Mini Z. I have always run Walkers in the past. My concern is will the Z cut as well as the Walker or Close. I'm not going with the Walker this time because I need the speed and less maintenance.
    I will be working alone this time and not going with 2 crews like before. Does anyone have any input on this,
    Thanks

2. Huften Lawn Care

Huften Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have not owned a Hustler, but have owned other Z's. Knowing what you can expect out of the Walker I do not think you will be satisfied with the Z. If you are still working in the same market and need that superior finished product, stay with the Walker.

3. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Native, I am also thinking about the super mini Z. I think the cut will be around the same as the walker. But like my walker, if the grass is growing 3'' a week you have to double cut. The shallow deck does not have alot of vacume to it . I am also going to look up a exmark 52'' hp z. They have a deeper deck and are short like the hustler mini.

4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got the Super mini Z and it cuts great. I demoed an EXmark ztr and both cut the same to me. I feel I got more value for my money with the Hustler. Whatever you get, get one with springs built into the seat so you don't take a beating from bouncing around all day.

5. Native

Native LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm so impressed with this site it's great that we can all help each other out in business.

Spring seat for sure.

Keep sending any input on the Super Mini Z I'm just trying to do all my homework before buying a machine.

The price isn't the isue and I picked the Mini Z 52'' because of the overhang on the deck for trimming and smaller,instead of the full size Z that is wider no everhang on the 52" full size.

6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at those at the dealer. First thing that popped into my mind was it looked like a mexican low-rider. You wont be hopping any curbs with it.

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Mini Z and Super Mini Z go over curbs fine, just like any other mower on the market.

8. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Not with 5 inches of clearance under the rear frame and deck. Get your tape measure out and check it. Hustler full size Zs are not much better.
    Dont get me wrong. Its not that I dont like Hustler machines. We love our 37 inch walk behind. Just dont like the Z riders. And yes I have run one for two week demo last spring.

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have climbed many curbs with the Mini, I have run them on all types of properties over the last couple of years doing demo's, I have not found a curb I could not easily get over.
    I am sure there are some higher ones out there than what I have seen, but I have climbed all the ones I have come across.

Pj

10. flyboy

flyboy LawnSite Member

specialtylc- You have to be the first person that I've heard of that demoed a Hustler and didn't buy it on the spot. What machine even remotely comes close to the Hustler? It ain't Exmark, Scag, Walker, Toro, etc... Hustler is in a class of their own. That's the bottomline.