Hustler super walk behind parts NLA

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassGuerilla, Oct 16, 2013.

1. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

2. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you get the correct length blades and run shims or spacers and slightly longer bolts? That should keep you mowing until you and Hustler get something worked out or you find replacement blades. Also, have you checked with Kawasaki about the muffler? That being an older model, you may have to get the motor parts straight from Kawi.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

These actually came with a crappy "just bolt these on" dual exhaust. I'd love to have the Kawasaki 2 into 1 exhaust. They want $280 for it, and I'm not sure it will fit (Hello Hustler?) really don't feel like its my job to retrofit a late model, low hour mower. Especially at such expense.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GrassGuerilla

5. GrassGuerilla

Another hobbled Hustler owner... 54"deck 25 hp, and oops, we don't have any mulch blades left on the planet for them.... Nor any retrofit. So basically, we got your money, pound sand.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. GrassGuerilla

Well, my local Hustler dealer certainly has a conflict of interest. They not only sell the machines, they also offer lawn service. That's right, competing with their customers... Insane.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. GrassGuerilla

I don't even know what to say about that. Congrats? Seriously, I understand. But I really don't wish to be a parts re-seller. I really would like to focus on my business.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GrassGuerilla

I seriously can't believe that longer bolts and spacers is the best idea to keep it mowing. It may be what I'm reduced to, but I'm not sure it would even be safe. Again, Hello Hustler? Retrofit blade arbor? Retrofit spindle adaptor?

You took our money... How about some help?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Btw, I ordered blades over a month ago. They (my dealer) just sent me the wrong ones. Wrong length, different (thinner) thickness, wrong arbor size, straight blade (no drop). Aside from that, they were exactly what I needed. (Sarcasm).

9. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I wouldn't do business with a dealer like that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GrassGuerilla

I won't buy from them again. Unfortunately, they're pretty much it for Hustler parts around here.
    Posted via Mobile Device