1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Super walk-behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gplank2003, Feb 11, 2007.

1. gplank2003

gplank2003 LawnSite Member

How many people are still running them since they stopped making them ? I started to sell mine but backed out. They handle and mow so great. I've also got a new Scag 52" walk its a good machine to, but the Hustler is better on large lots thats steep. The wider stance helps out a lot.
  2. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Is this the WB your are talking about? Their website doesn't say anything about not making this model any longer ... at least not were I can see.

Hustler Super WalkBehind
  3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 48" one. It's a beast with a 21hp Kawi in it. I use it for a couple gated properties I have.
  4. gplank2003

yes it sure is, they may have a few left at the factory or not updated there sight. but they are one great overall machine.
  5. gplank2003

mine is the 54" 25 kaw.
  6. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

a scag?gplank you let me down
  7. gplank2003

I thought u were a scag lover sawman !:dizzy:
  8. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are they really getting ready to stop making them? I was getting ready to buy one! Are all of their walkbehinds being discontinued or just certain ones?
  9. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i thought you learned a lesson when i took those nasty scags off your hands and put you in exmarks. remember if a dog bites you once shame on the dog if he gets ya two times shame on YOU.
  10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Hustler has not built the Super Walkbehind for about a year. I believe you can still find a new one, as they had a lot of them in the unsold inventory stream when production was halted.
    They are still selling both hydro and belt-drive walkbehinds, just not the "Super" model.