1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Super WB vs Bush Hog 61, ATTACK!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REALSLOW, Aug 10, 2006.

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Tommarrow there is a good possibilty I am going to either by a Bush hog 61 with 65 hours on it or a Hustler Super walk behind with 100 hours on it. I like WB in some situations but for big jobs prefer Z's. The Bush Hog is no Super Z ZTR but can a Bush hog out cut a Super walk behind?

I am serious by the way, my main complaint with the Super WB is parts will be hard to get.
  2. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

Hustler Super Walks are tanks, you can't go wrong with one....now that they've discontinued them the Hustler fans are looking eveywhere for them.

Parts availability won't be a problem, Hustler has said they will maintain parts for them for many years.

Don't know anything about the Bush Hog, but the Super WB is about the toughest walk-behind out there.
  3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Why walk in that hot Florida sun, when you can ride in comfort.
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Hustler parts will not be a problem as stated above, we are still selling parts for 30+ year old machines.
  5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

You know my opinion from another thread. The Hustler super WB has enough power and speed that with the right sulky it can do well. It might be less comfortable on large props. but will get into small spaces and slopes and under things that a Z just can't.

Is the one your looking at the one that was on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...80012849012&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1 and the guy selling it is named Jason? I would have bought that one already if it wasn't for the long distance sale and shipping cost. I might still call him again if you don't get it.
  6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler for all the reasons stated above.