Hustler Super Z 104"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by KV9064, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Not sure exactly what Chuck Norris got to do with anything in this thread.:confused:

I can read alright bro, and I don't need pictures to understand the story, which you apparently do.

2. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

It's actually "what Chuck Norris has to do with anything not got to do with anything." You're into martial arts, according to your profile, aren't you? A little slow on the uptake Chucky boy..........:nono:

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

And this thread veers straight into the Bucklebrush.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

No genius, I got it. I just wanted to see you come on out and say it instead of implying it like a weasel. BTW, calling me Chuck(y) isn't really a put down.:nono:

So far, acting like a tool is about all you've done here. I guess that's all that's left to do when you're wrong. It's been fun rattling your chain, but Patriot is right- this thread has gotten far enough off course .:waving:

5. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

It doesn't look like anybody is placing a order?

6. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

You know, the thing I don't understand here is, you asked for proof and I found an article that specifically states that a ZTR(not a finish mower) with a rear discharge deck requires less HP than a side discharge. You are the only one I've ever heard say anything different. Everybody who comes on here has heard what I've stated, not your statement. Every dealer and mechanic this side of the Mississippi will tell you the same thing. So......you're telling me that you are right and everyone else in the industry is wrong? Don't down me for going by what everyone in the industry agrees on and even grasshoppers website states.

7. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried a 72 reardis with a 27 Kohler and it was not enough and then tried a 74 Dixie side shooter with a 32 generac and it was awsome for cutting thick grass..

8. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

didn't read through all 13 pages to see if this was posted or not...

http://www.rurallifestyledealer.com/pages/Feature-Hustler-Introduces-13-Line-Up,-Including-Raptor-Priced-at-Under-$3,000.php

9. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

I skipped by some of the threads but I don't know how the 104 got to Chuck Norris. I see a lot of talk on hp draw of the rear discharge vs the side discharge. It being the political season I'll make everybody happy and say you are all right. Horsepower draw is more than what type of deck you have. Does a 72" side discharge draw more ponies than a rear discharge, the answer is maybe. How the blades are driven, do all the blades run the same direction, how may belts, Gear box, blade tip speed, in what conditions? Many more questions still unanswered. I would suggest focusing the question on similar decks sizes made by the same vendor and driven in the same manner. If I had a new Super Z HD 60" and a new Super Z HD 60"RD the RD unit will draw less HP to operate. The difference in draw will increase as the conditions worsen.
    Will the Hustler 60" side discharge draw more power than another product RD platform nobody knows for sure with out testing torque of both units at the blades. Are there RD units that drawn more HP than a side discharge, I'm sure there are.

Brian O

10. lawnman4

lawnman4 LawnSite Member

You are all that and a bag of chips
    Posted via Mobile Device