Hustler Super Z 104"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by KV9064, Oct 14, 2012.

1. GSO LAWNEN4CER

GSO LAWNEN4CER LawnSite Member
    from GSO NC

I dont see how they can justify the 30k price tag,thats insane.Its not like they had to start from scratch and develope a whole new mower.Its built off of a existing design. So charge 22k for hydos that pick up two wings,and prolly 1 gage heavier steel?

That mower is not worth the price. period.

2. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

You are right the mower is overpriced and would take a while to pay for itself, a 72 at 14 is a much better value but the new mower is really cool none the less and has applications.

3. Realslowww

I thought I was bad,you don't have anything better to do?

4. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Let's see....we paid less than that for a (all new) John Deere 4120 compact utility tractor (2.4 liter 4 cylinder turbo diesel, 4-wheel drive) with a loader and 72" Bush Hog finish mower. $30k is stupid.

This is the tractor I speak of. Much more useful than a 72" finish mower for $30k.

[​IMG]

5. lotsagrass

more useful than a 104" I mean....for what you get. Sure, apples and oranges....but I was just talking about the price tag. $30k is very high.

6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

The 4120 makes a great deal more sense to most, and by far more usable, but there are people and institutions with money (not necessarily their own) that will buy the 104, but I don't see it being a really good seller.

If you think the 104 is priced high, this 16.5' cut Toro 5900; of which I checked the price day before yesterday is, ARE YOU READY... $90,000.00, and the area rep told me this was not their best seller, he said their best seller was the 4100 with the 10.5' cut, he tried to make me believe this was a much better bargain at $70,000.00.

When you add the cab to this 5900 is goes to 105K...When he quoted these prices I was shocked to say the least.

[​IMG]

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Now that is insane for any mower!:dizzy:

For 105K you can buy 3 good ztr's and pay for 3 guys wages to run them for an entire year's mowing season.

8. lotsagrass

I understand exactly what you mean. If you don't have to spend your own money AND the tool is exactly what you're looking for/need, then I can see them buying it. A full size tractor would be too heavy too if you're just interested in mowing a nice lawn....but a BIG lawn :)

9. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

LOL....apparently not....at least not at that time of day. :)

10. Realslowww

Hustler is building a new ATZ mower with high torque pulling capacity. The tech claims it is in production and will be much better than the old unit for torque on hills.