Hustler Super Z 27/60 vs. Kubota ZD 21

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Ranger 13, May 4, 2004.

1. Lawn Ranger 13

Lawn Ranger 13 LawnSite Member

I need some feedback on both these mowers. I'm interested in both but I'm leaning toward the Hustler because the price of the Kubota. I know the Kubota may have more bells and whitles but is it that much better?
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been running the ZD21 for 2.5 years. I used a Hustler Z for a month last year and it cuts grass just as good as any mower out there.But I prefer the Kubota for many reasons. I like all the bells and whistles.
  3. spin2098

spin2098 LawnSite Member

well I don't know much about the Hustler but have two Kubota ZD21 and like them both. They do a great job. I have no problems at all.
  4. marvinlee

marvinlee LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

We have had a Kubota ZD-21 for more than two years. It is a delight. The engine has enough power. The ZD is fast, reliable, and easy riding. Plus points are these: excellent seat and seat suspension, excellent supply of grease fittings, wide track for stability, crank-up front end for easy blade changing and deck cleaning, hydraulic blade lift, easy deck height setting via a simple turn-knob, large air filter, highly reliable Kubota diesel engine, two air screens in front of radiator, dual-width mowing deck belt drive, shaft drive to the deck, pivoted front axle, and some degree of machine styling.

What I don't like. Our early machine lacks the cup holder for drinks.