Hustler Super Z discharge block off

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BentleyOutdoors, May 3, 2008.

1. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

Well after 2 weeks of head aches trying to find a block off system VIA trimmer trap, master chute, and other, I decided to make my own and save 270.00. I used all factory parts and paint and was only out $3.99 in stainless nuts and bolts. Used a piece of aluminum angle that was scrap at a sign shop that i got for free. The block off works perfect, I was really impressed with the out come! Enjoy :usflag:

101_0298.jpg

101_0299.jpg

101_0301.jpg

101_0304.jpg

2. lsu03

lsu03 LawnSite Senior Member

does grass go throught the letters?

3. BentleyOutdoors

no it doesnt, i was suprised because that was a concern while building it clogs only one letter.

4. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Very nice. How do they work with mulching leaves and clean-ups. I have a 60 inch Toro and i'm looking into the same thing but for clean-ups only. The dealer wants almost $300.

5. BentleyOutdoors

i haven't used it in leaves yet, only had it for two weeks, but it works great in tall grass. it was well worth my time, about 5 hours including painting and i saved 280.00 buy doing it my self.

6. bblawncare

bblawncare LawnSite Member

How do you open/close it without getting off the mower? And how does it stay closed when you are in thick/tall grass?

7. BentleyOutdoors

I just reach down with one hand and grab the angle and lift up, yes it stays closed on tall grass. It is heavy enough

8. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

how cut the Logo out?
    how much do you have in it done?

9. BentleyOutdoors

I didnt have it done. I used the factory rear bumper and cut it to fit. then unbolted the rubber discharge shute and bolted a piece of angle to that and done. Had 3.99 in stainless hardware and that is it. I got the angle for free and the bumper i took off because of my personalized bumper. The paint was from the hustler dealer that let me spray it for free.

10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good! Just wondering how you like the super z. I think this is what I have decited on, might go order one Tuesday.