Hustler Super Z Hydraulic Screaming

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by blaigle, Jul 5, 2008.

1. blaigle

blaigle LawnSite Member

Super Z 60" 765 hrs. Love the mower, Has been working fine. Started yesterday and it did not want to drive on the right side. Hydraulic pump was very loud. I checked the fluid level and added oil, the mower work better, but the fluid I added leaked out of the resevior cap when I shut it off to check the level. Any sugestions would be appreciated. Blane

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like your getting air in the system.
    That would be why its not driving right and the air in the system is foaming your oil causing it to overflow the reservoir.
    I would get it to a dealer ASAP or start looking at all fittings and hoses / lines.
    Check your hydro filter also, make sure it is tight and if it was recently changed, make sure there is only 1 gasket on it.
    This is where I would start looking.

Pj

3. blaigle

blaigle LawnSite Member

You called it, This is one for the books. I was giving it a good look over and noticed that the starter was rubbing on the hydraulic line for the right pump. I thought that was a terrible design until I realized that it was the engine that was misplaced. All but one of the engine mounting bolts had fallen out and the engine had moved enough to rub a hole into the Hydraulic feed line on the back of the hydraulic motor. I replaced the three bolts for the engine, cut off the hole in the hydraulic line and installed a clamp to hold the line back on. Runs better than ever. I bought this used and am pretty sure it had been loose before I bought it. What a great machine :usflag:
    Thanks for your help

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am glad you found it.
    Glad I could help ya.

Pj