Hustler Super Z - problems with model

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by greenology, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Well, maybe you ought to call Hustler and tell them that they are wrong and that you'd be happy to straighten them out on their specs.

You have older SZ's. Maybe they did at one time have higher BTS's on the 72 inch version, but I doubt it. You are constantly promoting 72's over 60's etc, and that's fine by me, but just because you think that they're the best doesn't mean they are, or that they have the highest BTS. Each size has its own place. No one size is best.

You still havene't proven anything other than saying that you think they have the same sized pulleys, spindles etc. Only a 1/16" difference in pulley size at any one point on the deck or PTO could easily provide the difference in BTS posted by Hustler.

The thing is, you claim(ed) that the 72's have faster BTS, but none of the manu's that post the specs agree with you. Either they are the same for both deck sizes, or their 72's are slightly lower. Now I suppose you are going to tell us that they are all wrong, and you are right.:rolleyes:

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can measure tip speed with your eyes?

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

All of my work and equipment has been pictured all over LS. Its time to put your money where your mouth is. Please post some pics of your work and equipment for all to see. Then we can decide whats inferior...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

I am a idiot sorry,the 60 uses smaller pulleys. They are around a half inch smaller.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  5. Realslowww

Actually that gives me an idea, you can speed the blades up with slightly smaller pulleys and it will cut better at full stick :) but it could be dangerous as far as breaking a blade because of how many feet per second a 24 inch blade can travel. It could easily be figured out.

6. Realslowww

I am not into it that much sorry.

7. Realslowww

The speed of the blade is determined by pulley size on the blade spindle and pulley size on the clutch.

Any other component on the deck is irrelevant.

8. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's true. I was assuming that you knew that already, but should have been very specific I suppose.

BTW- it takes guts to come on and admit you're wrong. I respect that.:)

9. Realslowww

What style belt does the newer Super z use for the pump drive?

10. Realslowww

I am always wrong so just get used to it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.