Hustler Super Z - problems with model

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by greenology, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I take it you has somewhere to get to. LMAO bro!:drinkup:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  3. Mickhippy

Impressed arent ya!:dancing:

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Need a "LIKE" button!

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Nah, that's the way I mow every lawn.

Sure am goin through the customers this year. Think that might have something to do with it?

6. Mickhippy

Dont know how we survive!

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

This new 72" I just bought with the flex forks rides great...the problem he's having is coming from mowing rough properties during a drought period which in-return makes the ground more hard and much less forgiving. I've been on many shorter ZTR's running at much slower speeds that would beat your brains out, so for someone to say a Hustler Super Z is the roughest riding mower they've ever owned is a problem they must deal with, and not anything I've ever heard from anyone else.

I think you can look back at my post where I said there will be nothing wrong with the mower, and I guess the rep that came out verified my statement.

8. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

He claims his other machines are not like this?

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

This looks like a man on a mission...a mission to get out of that dusty mess as fast as possible...I can't believe you can cut grass running that fast, how could the blades keep up???

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Then it HAS to be the OTR tires.

EVERY ZTR out there withOUT a suspension. You are basically sitting above the rear drive tires. 24x12-12 Carlisles' for 95% of them.

A GOOD bit of your "suspension" on a ZTR comes from the rear tires "giving" due to low pressure inside them.

The rest comes from the FRONT tires in the same sense.

With Flex-Forks, the front is smoothed out tremendously, but you are still left with the rear being left to the give of the rear tires.

With some ZTR's, the front caster arms ever so slightly will flex and add to somewhat of a spring action, or twisting when one front caster climbs a hill that the other does not. This is why some ZTR's have a pivoting front caster assembly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.