1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Super Z Right tire motor goes out

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by hatch15, Sep 19, 2012.

1. hatch15

hatch15 LawnSite Member

2006 Hustler Super Z 72 Cat Motor

When I fire it up in the morning it runs cherry for about a half hour or until it gets hot. Then i lose all power in my right driving tire. Does this mean that tires motor is going out? I have had trouble with lines leaking and just replaced a line on that tire. Is there a special thing you have to do to bleed the air out of that line could that be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

Having a leaking system is not good. Are you getting any whining sound coming from the drive. It may sound like a power steering pump on your truck low on oil. These systems are self bleeding but if you get air in the system it will whine. Your drive can also over heat if your oil is low giving you some issues. Bringing the unit into your servicing dealer will answer all your questions. They can do all the pressure and flow tests to pinpoint the trouble. Without test results we are just guessing.

Brian O