Hustler super z striping problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lampeslawnservice, May 14, 2004.

1. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Can anyone give me some deck adjustment suggestions to obtain the best stripe on my Z. It only has 50 hours on it. The tires are all inflated at 10psi. I tried adjusting the deck pitch and this seemed to help some but not much. When I bought it the pitch was much lower in the back than the front which led to some much frustrating scalping with no stripe. I adjusted the deck so it was lower in the front and higher 1/8" higher in the back. This led to a poor cut with no stripe. So i slightly lowered the back and this fixed the cut and added a little stripe. The blades are sharp and deck is clean. I purchased the stripe kit for it and found it to be more of a pain than anything. kept hanging up on curbs and so I took it off. Also this is my first zero turn and any suggestions as to how and avoid the rear tire from tearing up the turf when turning around.

Thanks for any help
    Jason

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Set the deck at the recomended pitch in the manual for best cutting performance. It may be just the type of turf or cut height or just crappy lawn that makes it not stripe as much as you think it should.

3. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

To get a good stripe quality you may need to get the striping kit if one is avalable, or make one your self they are real easy to do.