1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hustler super z vs deere 757

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lawnman757, Mar 27, 2006.

1. lawnman757

lawnman757 LawnSite Member
    from MD

I am looking for opinions on which mower to buy. They are both equipped with a 60" deck and 25 kawasaki motor. Price is with in a $100 of each other. I currently own a deere 757 which has given me minimal problems, but dealer service keeps going down hill. They can not seem to be able to retain knowledgeable help. Both products are about even when I compare, other then the Hustler local dealers service stands above and beyond (other customers have told me about). Please provide opinions opinions on cut quality and relialility. Thanks for the help.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

There are QUITE a few BIG differences between these two ZTR's.
    Fuel capacity
    Front caster tires

Hustler wins on all of the above....Some by quite a bit.
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Go with the Super Z. A lot better machine than the JD in my opinion even though the JD are nice units ad if the service at the Hustler dealer is better then your definately better off buying from them.
  4. SIE

SIE LawnSite Member

Don't forget about Hustler's 2 year parts and labor warranty, PLUS 3 years parts and labor on the spindle bearings and front caster bearings, PLUS lifetime parts and labor on the leading edge of the deck, the frame, and the hydraulic hoses and fittings against leaking.

Also on the Super Z, there's a standard suspension seat, oil cooler, electric fan for increased cooling of the hydros, easy to use parking brakes in the control levers, and the ease of maintenance with a sideways mounted engine that puts the oil filter, drain, and dipstick right where it's easiest to get to!

But I'm a little biased!:)

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

All of what the posts say above plus....
    Bigger 21cc pumps
    Bigger wheel motors
    Faster ground speed
    More features, better handling, more productive....
  6. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

did we forget Hustler's greatest asset????????? PJ and that great factory support!
  7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yeah.... that too...... lol...lol....
  8. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Notice the blade tip speed of Deere-1600fpm VS Hustler-18500fpm. I have heard many times that the stamped deck from JD won't get rid of the grass. It clumps badly and just wont throw it out. In fact, one of my dealers took a 757 in on trade with 20 hrs on it for a new Super Z because the customer was so dissatisfied with the JD cut quality. Hustler doesn't run like a deere, it runs Faster!!!!
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I've heard just the opposite about the JD 7-Iron deck.

JD HAS a good deck. IMO they need to mount it under a better chassis/package.

They don't have the HP choices or the speed. And the higher up the rung on HP, the LONGER their (JD) machines get!.....Crazy.
  10. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe your eastern grasses are better suited for the deere than us in in the midwest.