Hustler Super Z vs. Ferris IS® 3000ZX ride comparrison

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLH, Mar 17, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

How does the ride of the Super Z 28 EFI with suspension seat compare to the Ferris IS 3000ZX?

Ready to purchase.

2. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

Am I being unreasonable with the former question?

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Nope. You're just gonna have to wait until someone who has been on both can reply is all. Patience.

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about the IS3000 but I did the Field Test for Turf magazine last October on the IS5000. I found the IS5000 to give a very smooth, almost floating type of ride.
    My personal mower is the Hustler Super Z and it only has the suspension seat. Of the two, I'd choose the Hustler, only because I didn't really like the floating sensation with the 5000. This year Hustler has improved the suspension seat on the Super Z and has incorporated lumbar support adjustments and has replaced the scorching black plastic with grey vinyl making it a little cooler to sit on in the Sun.
    I think that IMHO you'd receive much better dealer/factory support from Hustler. While I did the test of the Ferris, even though the factory knew I was doing the test, the factory went out of it's way to make things difficult for me and my local Ferris dealer was a total a-hole IMHO. The way I see it is that if they're like that with a guy that's testing their machine, imagine how they'd be if you owned one. I wasn't expecting them to kiss up or anything but hey, at least they could have been a little more cordial, IMO.

5. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

Mowerman90 and Rodfather

Thanks for your reply

6. ZER

ZER LawnSite Member

JLH, though it is good to ask the bulletin board their opinion; I would drive them both and make your decision based on overall performance, quality of cut, operator comfort, etc, etc.
    Good Luck and keep us posted!

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We were recently faced with that desision. it was between a super Z 27/60 for $8000 or a Ferris IS3000 26LC for $9500. I have driven both mowers. Drove the super Z last year and the Ferris about a month ago. The Hustler rode very smooth but nothing like the Ferris. The ferris did kindah float so the ride is much smoother and the deck is attached to a-arms that are attached to the suspension so the deck wont bounce when you hit a bump. I almost forgot to mention that we bought the IS3000 today and I can't wait until the grass starts growing! :blob3: