1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hustler super z vs. ferris is3000

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LR1, Jul 11, 2005.

1. LR1

LR1 LawnSite Member

bad title first time around i am a newbie and can't decide between the super z kaw. 25 or the ferris is3000 kaw.25 had them both on my land i think it comes down to construction and weather or not the suspension on the ferris means more wear on the additional pivot points super z seems to have a higher blade speen wich they list in their specs , ferris doesnt list their blade speed super z just seems like it has faster blade speed. thanks for listening to the new guy i have been trying to make up my mind between the 2 for the last 2 weeks
  2. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

I am happy with my hustlers.
    1 60" cut @25hp
    3 60" cut @23hp
    Don't know why the change in hp's but they mow well and do very well on fuel consumption.
  3. senter

senter LawnSite Member

the hustler z is the best mower I have ever run !! I have tried them all and hustler turf equipment is the best !!
  4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I think that the torque specs for the 23 kawi, and 25kawi are almost identical. I think the 25 just let in more gas for more "boom" in the cylinder.
  5. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

Love my Hustler mini Z.... nothing like it...
  6. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I'd vote for Hustler.
  7. Big Hoss

Big Hoss LawnSite Member

Its obvious ..........HUSTLER . All I run and all that I'll own. Dependable.
    Big Hoss
  8. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't count Ferris out. Demo...
  9. LR1

LR1 LawnSite Member

just wanted to say thanks for the input i just found out through my dealer that hustler is putting a lifetime warranty on the hydraulic hoses, lines and fittings to never leak along with the rest of their warranties. once again i appreciate the response. i have a choice to make