1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Super Z with Hitch kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vahaus, May 15, 2003.

1. vahaus

vahaus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Anyone have a Hustler super Z with a factory hitch kit? If so do you have any pictures, I see where it goes but looks like it would sit really low.

Also any idea on limits of how much I can pull I have a lawn roller that I use this time of year and wondering how much weight I can safely pull without overloading it. Hitch weight of roller is next to nothing but weight of roller is close to 1000lb.

2. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

i got one for my hustler z. it is heavy duty, like the machine. it mounts to predrilled holes in the center, sticks out about 3-inches, about flush with the bottom of the rear bumper, can mount a ball, has caused no problems yet, the wheelie bars seem to work on inclines, the hitch does not dig in [to the best of my knowleged] i believe it cost 18 dollars but i'm not sure. i pull a lawn trailer around for picking up branches, put chainsaw and all my gear with gas to back side of property, having the hitch and trailer decreases clean up time. i pull a spray rig also. i had a post on the hustler forum adressing the towing capacity of the z, you can't tow a boat, motor and trailer, but you can pull out other mowers stuck, and loads of several hundred pounds. use my z with trailer to mulch, holds about 4 wheelbarrow loads. backing is easy with the z steering, just don't forget your towing a trailer and do a z turn, the trailer will contact your gas tank!
    ask pj in the hustler forum, maybe he knows the numbers, he'll shoot ya straight.