1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lawnman757, Feb 26, 2006.

1. lawnman757

lawnman757 LawnSite Member
    from MD

I am looking into adding a Super Z to my business. I am curious to how people feel about the 25 Kaw. vs 28 Kohler EFI? I currently use JD757 with the 25 Kaw. and have had no issues. The 2 local dealers I have talked with both supported the opposite engine. Also is there much difference in the new decks, as one of the dealers has a 60" demo from last year? I am also curious to what promotions will be / or are running through march? I will be ready to purchase in early March and am leaning toward the new 66"deck. Thanks for your help.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The new 66" would be a excellent choice, go with as much hp as you can get / afford, you can never have to much hp.
    As far as old deck vs new deck... you can not get the 66" in the older version.
    The new XR-7 is awesome and allows use of a striping roller also, you can not do this on the older version deck.
    There is some great reading here on the XR-7, do a search and you will find plenty of information.

As far as promotions go, look here on LS, by the end of the week I think you will have more information.
  3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

The XR-7 is by far the best cutting deck Hustler has ever put under a mower.