Hustler Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerKing10, Dec 6, 2006.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have some info on the hustler super z?:)

2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Very expensive to maintain..........

4. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry...but how's that? All mowers take oil, filters, belts, plugs. I suppose you own one also?

5. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

Sorry...but how's that? All mowers take oil, filters, belts, plugs. I suppose you own one also?

Agreed, I have 2 and niether of them have been trouble at all. In fact, they haven't let me down yet and I can't say that about the other mowers I've had. Hustler is just about the best you can get.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Gene has the bills to prove it. That may not be the case for everyone but he has had a lot of major repairs. He's not just pulling your leg.

7. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

That's make a difference. Most of the time someone is slamming something they've never touched.

Mine has been great so far (knock on wood). I've only changed engine oil and filter, hydro oil and filter (used Mobil 1 15W-50), greased, etc.

8. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

When I started out I had a Dixon Kodiak that seemed to go into the shop every other week. It was likley the most comfortable ride I've ever had on a mower but I finally concluded it was a P.O.S. I'd like to believe I got a lemon. But I wouldn't buy another Dixon.

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Most have no problems with Hustler but Gene has had lots.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I thing Gene's last name must be Murphy :laugh:

If it can go wrong for him, it has. If it hasn't, it will soon.

Keep in mind, Gene runs the collection system 100% of the time. Not that it's an excuse (it shouldn't be a problem, it is engineered by Hustler for this ZTR), but I believe a lot of his issues can be traced back to the added weight, airflow blocking, power demands that the collection system places on the SuperZ.

No machine is perfect.

But right now, the SuperZ is one of the best designed/built ZTR's on the market.

There are a few minor tweaks Hustler should change/modify, that I cant for the life of me understand why they dont. Granted most of these are minor, and yes, some were discovered by Gene and told to me by him.