Hustler Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jhsmith4, Sep 3, 2007.

1. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I'm looking to purchase a S/Z 60" deck maybe with the 28 EFI. Any of you running this set-up and are you having any problems with this engine? Any input appreciated!!

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Great reviews on the 28 efi. Puppypaws is the one to ask.

3. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

That's the mower I want next!

Have not heard/read anything negative on that engine.

4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

takes what? Millisecond? I found 53 threads searching: Hustler 28efi. You guys.???want to be spoon fed or what? Lonely? Want to communicate? lol....

beatdeadhorse5.gif

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Why have you been acting this way lately?

6. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I own one and can truly say it is the best engine/deck combination I've ever owned. Being in the business for almost 19 years I've had a few. The 28 with EFI is absolutely AMAZING when it comes to fuel consumption. Will start and stop (without backfiring) at ANY throttle position. Instantanious throttle response when mowing thick grass. The machine I owned before this one was a Super Z with the 27hp and a 52in deck. The 1 hp advantage that the 28 has over the 27 feels like 10hp more to me. I'll never buy another carbed engine again.

7. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

what about longevity on this engine as opposed to the kawasaki? anyone out there logged over 1000, 1500 hours on the kohler?

8. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

I'm running a Super Z 60" 28 efi. I like the mower. Don't run it out of gas though, its a pain to get started without opening the shrader valve. Other than that, its great. Definately cough up the extra cash and get the flex forks and the suspension/flex base seat. Your body will thank you after a day of mowing. Any other ?'s, let me know.

9. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I have a 26efi with over 1400hrs, only replaced the muffler on it, and a 28 efi with just a few ticks over 1100, no problems, knock on wood. Great on fuel, neither of mine have been hard to start when the get ran out of fuel, I just switch tanks, and let the fuel pump prime for about a min, starts right up. I wouldnt make it a habit of running them out of fuel, but it has happened before.

10. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I ordered our new mower today, Hustler Super Z 28EFI/60 from Ga.Power Sports. The warehouse in Atl has one created. Should be able to take delivery Sat. Really looking forward to this!! I have been demoing a 25/60 for two weeks, great machine! I run solo so what the heck, why not juice it up a little. The LORD has been and is GOOD to those who call upon HIS name. Thanks for all the input + or -