Hustler Super Z

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Eddie in NC, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Eddie in NC

Eddie in NC LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,

I am green to the business but am thinking of purchasing a Hustler Super Z w/ 24 hp Honda and '60 deck. Can anyone share their experience with this mower. I also looked at the John Deere 757 but after riding both the Hustler seemed to be the superior machine. I was not familiar with Exmark but after reading all the posts I should probably try one of those out.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Eddie

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Yes the EXMARK ULTRACUT deck is SUPERIOR!

3. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

It would be to your best interest to do a search on Hustler, Exmark’s and all others. And then demo each one! A few hours on a machine speaks volumes.
    I would make sure you have a dealer that will take care of you after the sale.
    Hustler and Exmark are great machines and I’m sure everyone thinks that their own brand is #1.
    I do know the Super Z handles hills great and is fast because I used the same machine you described while waiting for my mower.
    I would opt for the biggest engine you can get on whichever machine you buy.
    (Buy the way John may be a little biased) lol

4. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

oops!:D

5. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

I'm new to this too...but have been doing my neighbors homes across the street with my new Hustler super z mini 52" with 24 hp honda and I'm impressed with it. I love the standard suspension seat, and it darn near does a wheelstand all the way up the hill behind all those houses with no effort. I love the idea of the separate cooler for the hydraulic fluid too....exmark did'nt have that. The machine feels really solid and gives a great quality cut....everyone is impressed so far....waiting for my mulching kit to come in now.....