1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Super Z60" or Exmark Lazer 60"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clncut, Feb 23, 2005.

1. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

Which mower should I buy. I have exmark equipment currently and have been very pleased. Unfortunalty they are very expensive and found I can save about 700.00 on a Hustler. Ive been told the two mowers are comperable. I would like to hear from you guys who may use or know of these mowers. Any input would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

The best advice anyone could give you would be to demo both. I have a Super Z with the 27 hp Kohler and a 52" mulching deck and consider it to be the best mower I've ever owned. By the way, I've been in the business professionally for the last 15 years and have owned Toro, Grasshopper, Husquvarna Z's and a Wright Sentar. A lot of my friends have Exmarks and the ones who have demoed my Super Z have traded in the Exmarks for a new Hustler, that should tell you something.
  3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Ive also been debating on a Hustler or an Exmark and I'm sold on the Exmark. I think in the long run it will pay for itself. I looked at a Lazer 60" and to me it looked like it will last for years to come. Just the frame and all of the gussets and welding really stood out, you figure the motors are basically the same, spindles on the Exmark seemed more heavy duty etc. The price difference between mine were only $400.00 though.
  4. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Just the Hydro Pumps alone on the Super Z make it a better deal, (21cc Hydro gear pumps vs 12cc for the Exmark) The Hustler Deck construction is far superior to the Exmark, they back it in their warranty. Exmark just dropped their spindle warranty from 3 years to 2 years.

Hustler Warranty

2 years parts and labor bumper to bumper
    3 years on spindles and front castor fork bearings
    Lifetime on the frame and leading edge of the deck
    Hydraulic hoses & fittings guaranteed NEVER to leak

All this and a better price!!!
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I would say to get the Super z. I used one a little last year and it really seemed like a good mower. I don't think you'd be sorry if you got one. I don't have any experience with Exmark but I know a super z would be very hard to beat.
  6. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

Ill tell you I would not take anything over my Hustlers. Exmarks are good machines but I know you will not be disappointed with a Hustler...ever.
  7. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Huster super Z, better hill handling, better hydros (much smoother), little better warranty, little better price and a little shorter on the trailer, OK cut quality.

Exmark Lazer Z, by far the best cutting deck in the industry, trails hustler by a little in every other category.
  8. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

Take a close look at the Hustler (mower not magazine lol) and you will not be disappointed (by either). I haven't kept close track but I know that I've spent more than 800 hours on one this year and they a bullet proof. Hustler also has a rebate program right now. Ours have the 24 Honda 60 inch deck combo. I think the best way to go if you run it a lot would be the 27 kawasaki liquid-cooled! Just my 2 cents!

9. jpa375

jpa375 LawnSite Member

I have the Hustler 60 with 27lc kawasaki with the bac-vac collection system. Only thing I wish was that the bac-vac system was larger. I think it is only holds 9 bushels. Other than that the mower itself has been awesome in the little time that I have had it! :)
  10. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have a 2003 Hustler Z 23/52 with 700 hours on it. By the end of this coming season it will have 1500+ hours logged and at that time I will be buying a new Super Z. The Hustler Z will be put into a back-up role for the Super Z.

I've used a lot of different mowers in the past 30 years and many of them have been excellent. None of them compare to the Hustler that I now use. Exmark and Hustler are probably the 2 best machines available right now. But I think overall Hustler has the better machine.