Hustler Super Z's...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by r8derman, Sep 23, 2004.

1. r8derman

r8derman LawnSite Member

Does anybody use the Hustler super Z's and if so what do you think of them. Just wanting to get a few opinions as I am looking to buy a zero turn by next season.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Do a serch ,I've had lots of problems, past and present .

Gene

3. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

Smoothest controls I've ever operated. I can run it w/ one hand, and do quite often. Its very fast and cuts great and is great on hills/slopes. I've had no problems so far (knocking on wood as I type!) other than a belt that broke and a castor fork that I bent (my stupidity, not a mechanical issue). I'd definitely buy again. BTW, I'm currently running it w/ a BacVac and it works really well also.

4. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

NoWalk, today I dropped by the local Hustler dealer and drove a Super Z for the first time, and was impressed with its slope holding stability. I currently run a Grasshopper front mount 720 with bagger and it does not stick to a slope too well. (Although it does everything else VERY well)

Are you mowing on any fairly steep slopes with the bac-vac on it? I would be interested in how it compares with other mowers you have operated.

Anyone else who wants to weigh in on this, feel free.

Thanks. Mike

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I demoed the Super, I really like them, but I think the speed maybe a little overkill for me..
    I do however have extensive experience with the "regular" mini z 24hp Honda/52"er.. ( actually a Landpride machine, but the two are identical, or were at the time this one was made in 03" they may have differences now)
    It is an excellent machine, second smoothest controls I've used ( Dixie's are the smoothest, most responsive I've opperated).. Overall, they are tough, great machines, that I'd recomend to anyone.. although they are a little TOO heavy for me..If I had a better dealer for them locally, I'd probly have one now.. I'd probly get used to the speed of the Super pretty quick :p :laugh:

6. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

I have a super z with a bac vac that I have to use on some pretty steep slopes. It does great going across the face of the slope...as well as it does without the vac. Only time it gets a little funny feeling is when the hopper is close to being full and you have to make a pass straight up a slope. It can get pretty squirrely then, but that is kinda a given.

It does much better across the face of slopes than my grasshopper 725's ever thought about doing.

Hope that helps out a bit on the bac vac questions.

7. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive had a Super-Z for almost 3 years. It's a GREAT mower . The bac-vac works GREAT It holds hills where you can't walk. Fast good cut. Factory support is outstanding if needed.

8. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

I run a super z. Loads of speed and power. The speed comes in handy with certain conditions. Like nowalk said, easy controls, i also drive w/ one hand. I've run it on some crazy slopes( the kind that you porpoise on going up, everytime), but have never used the bacvac. My onlycomplaint, you have to have very sharp blades to get a good cut at a steady clip. Otherwise, you must drive slow. Another plus, easy maintenance.
    Matt

9. cgotro

cgotro LawnSite Member

We have a Super Z and a Mini Z we love both machines. We haven't had any problems just regular maintance. Go find one and demo it.

10. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

We have a Super Z 60" with a bac Vac on it. Love it. First ZTR I've owned but demoed the scag before I bought the Hustler. Liked the Scag but loved the Hustler, also a better warrenty.