1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler SuperZ vs John Deere Z series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by jl8806, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I don't know where you heard that, but someone is full of it. The 7 Iron stripes great.

2. jl8806

jl8806 LawnSite Member

Seems like I read it on here somewhere but I may be mistaken, then I was told that by a buddy as well but it's probably been at least 5 years since he ran one...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

This was done with my Z950. No striping kit, just the deck. I have better pics, but they aren't on this computer yet.

[​IMG]

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

that looks mighty purdy Ridin'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

no really it does.

5. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from FL

Check out the Exmark Lazer Z with the new RED technology. You can set your EFI electronically and set it For the condition best for your mowing needs, that in turn provides good productivity, the deck size you need, and you get great fuel efficiency. Exmark also has the best cut in my opinion! Hope I could Help!

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Thanks Jason.

That was taken early last spring before the grass really started coming in. As soon as it did though, the drought hit.:rolleyes:

I have some much better pics of the stripes it'll lay down. I have to get my wife to transfer them over for me. I'm a computer moron.:help:

7. jl8806

jl8806 LawnSite Member

Is that the first cut? Either way it still looks great
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That new RED is cool, but I can do the same basic thing by pulling back a little on my throttle.;)

Exmarks do cut nice, but I cut right next to several Exmarks at one or two places I mow, and I mean right up to the property line on each side. The 7 Iron MOD deck cuts every bit as good under normal conditions, and way better when the grass is wet or damp. It is a little more tightly baffled than the 7 Iron pro deck, and has suction more like the Ultra Cut does, but has a much wider discharge and doesn't clump in the wet like the UC does.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

hmmm first post you have a john deere pic, you wish for a scag wildcat, yet you say exmark is the best???

:laugh::cool2::walking::waving::drinkup::sleeping::dizzy::cry::weightlifter::hammerhead::clapping::dancing::confused::rolleyes::nono::canadaflag::usflag::);)*trucewhiteflag*

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Thanks.
    I don't remember if it was the very first, but if not it was darn close to it. Maybe second? The other pics I have really show the stripes a lot better.