Hustler testing a Toyota 22R 4 cyl. on a Super Z.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Sep 6, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Would that make you maniacs happy:laugh: . The horsepower you guys want on these ZTR's is getting a little loco (crazy). Even my 60inch Super Z w/collection system and thick grass does good(24hp Honda). Double cutting and slowing down is part of mowing commerially:hammerhead: . Having said that I'd like a diesel for the torque but an 1800lb mower on residentials?:nono:
  2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Will that motor be EFI ?
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would prefer a gas turbine system that puts out around 80,000 pounds of torque, but the noise and exhaust issues appear insurmountable.

Then you've got this space issue, where to fit it...
  4. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

aaahhhhaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!:laugh: :laugh: Thats good! I was just going to say they are testing a 454 on them until I saw your post.
  5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Now thats what I am talkin about topsites. . . mount that on a 20 foot ZTR and away you go haha.
  6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

What about the fuel consumption? I bet its not too good.:laugh:
  7. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

Well since i have worn out the blower and run out of methanol
    '''Dam"" i will just have to up grade.[those head studs were always a problem]
    HA HA HA HA HA :laugh: :laugh:
    BETTER YET IS THIS THE NEW HUSTLER ENGINE -----now we can turn those pwr robbing hydraulic pumps, just have to watch those hills to fast and u will take off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  8. Distorted

Distorted LawnSite Gold Member

Does it use blades or just directed exhaust?
  9. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

I've got my heart set on a shaft turbine from a Bell 206 Jetranger:laugh: We got to see one up close when Lifeflite was holding a membership drive. As I recall it is around 400hp or so and only weighs maybe 150 lbs.
  10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Have you ever mowed with a mower with GOOD power? Once you have, and get used to it, it will forever haunt your future.

My 28efi/60 SuperZ is underpowered, your 24 wouldn't leave the showroom floor if I were writing the check.